In May, Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb announced a five stage plan for reopening the State of Indiana after our recent lockdown due to Coronavirus or COVID-19. A website has been created to help Hoosiers interpret the Governor’s “Road Map to Safely Reopen Indiana”. For some counties, the reopening will be slightly delayed (where noted), but Greene County currently falls under the standard plan.
The Governor’s office has been using data based on four key principles when making decisions regarding the novel Coronavirus. These items are monitored and if all principles maintain a positive direction, we proceed to the stage in the reopening plan.
4 Key Principles of Health
- The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients statewide has decreased for 14 days
- The state retains its surge capacity for critical care beds and ventilators
- The state retains its ability to test all Hoosiers who are COVID-19 symptomatic as well as health care workers, first responders, and frontline employees
- Health officials have systems in place to contact all individuals who test positive for COVID-19 and expand contact tracing
Below you’ll find the complete text for Stage 4.5 which begins this Saturday, July 4th.
Visit Indiana’s Back On Track website here.
From the State of Indiana:
STAGE 4.5 – BEGINNING JULY 4TH
GUIDELINES FOR ALL HOOSIERS
- Hoosiers 65 and older and those with known high-risk medical conditions should adhere to social distancing guidelines and remain cautious at work and in their communities
- Continue remote work as needed
- Face coverings are highly recommended
- Social gatherings of up to 250 people may take place following the CDC social distancing guidelines. The coronavirus is often spread among groups of people who are in close contact in a confined space for an extended period of time. This limit applies to wedding receptions, parties, and other events where people are in close physical contact for extended periods of time, particularly in indoor locations
- Outdoor visitation must resume July 4 at assisted living facilities and nursing homes, in accordance with ISDH visitation guidelines
- Indoor nursing home and assisted living visitation may resume on July 4. Facilities must have a plan for indoor visitation by Stage 5
- Hospital visitations encouraged with precautions
STAGE 4 RESTRICTIONS THAT CONTINUE
- State government building access available by appointment. State employees are required to wear masks in public areas, with exceptions
- Dining room food service may operate at up to 75% capacity as long as social distancing is observed
- Bar seating in restaurants may operate at 50% capacity as long as social distancing is observed
- Bars and nightclubs may operate at 50% capacity adhering to social distancing guidelines
- Cultural, entertainment, and tourism sites may operate at 50% capacity. This includes museums, zoos, aquariums, and like facilities
- Movie theaters, bowling alleys, and similar facilities may operate at 50% capacity, adhering to social distancing guidelines
- Raceways may operate at 50% grandstand capacity
- Venues may operate at a 50% capacity with adherence to social distancing guidelines
- Amusement parks, water parks, and like facilities may operate at 50% capacity; reservations are encouraged to limit the number of customers at any one time
- Personal services continue operations with restrictions
- Gyms, fitness centers and other workout facilities continue operations with restrictions
WHAT OPENS IN STAGE 4.5
- K-12 school operations may begin the 2020-21 academic year on July 1; extra-curricular, co-curricular activities may resume July 6
- Pari-mutuel horse racing and county and state fair racing may begin with 50% spectator capacity
- Fairs, festivals and other similar outdoor events may open with restrictions. See guidance
- Youth overnight camps may open. See guidance
- Conventions may resume following the Gatherings and Meetings Guidelines of Executive Order 20-32, which outlines how single and multiple-site venues may operate. Masks are highly recommended for all participants
View the complete Stage 4.5 document here.