From Greene County General Hospital:
Cardiac Calcium Scoring Exams
Greene County General Hospital Radiology is now offering Cardiac Calcium Scoring exams.
Cardiac Calcium Scoring exams evaluate the amount of life threatening, calcium containing plaque in your heart. Heart attacks occur when coronary arteries become blocked with plaque. Knowing your Cardiac Calcium Score will help you and your doctor better understand your risk for a heart attack.
Cardiac calcium scoring exams are priced at a flat $49. Insurances are not billed for this service and the fee is due at the time of the exam. To qualify for the exam, a patient must:
- BE AN AGE GREATER THAN 40 YEARS
- HAVE NO HISTORY OF HEART DISEASE
- HAVE HAD NO CARDIAC SCORING EXAM WITHIN THE LAST 5 YEARS
To prepare for the exam, a patient must:
- HAVE NOT HAD CAFFEINE OR HAVE SMOKED 4 HOURS PRIOR TO THE EXAM
Heart Disease Risk Factors include:
- FAMILY HISTORY OF HEART DISEASE
- HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
- OVERWEIGHT OR OBESE
- PHYSICALLY INACTIVE
- HIGH BLOOD CHOLESTEROL LEVELS
Exams take less than 30 minutes and can save your life! Call 812-847- 5204 to schedule an exam today!