Over the past 100 years, INDOT has transformed the State of Indiana into the Crossroads of America we know today. With six district offices and 3,500 employees, the agency is responsible for constructing and maintaining more than 29,000 lane miles of highways, more than 5,700 bridges, and supporting 4,500 rail miles and 117 airports across the state. Indiana once again ranked #1 in the U.S. for infrastructure in CNBC’s 2019 “America’s Top States for Business” ranking.
To help build and maintain this infrastructure, the Indiana Department of Transportation will host hiring fairs at ten locations across the state on Thursday, May 20th from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (all times local).
INDOT has more than 100 open positions in a variety of careers, but the greatest need is for skilled trade positions. INDOT recently increased starting pay for highway technicians and several other positions to $19 per hour, with opportunities to move up to $20 per hour with a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL).
Recruiters will be available at all hiring fair locations to share information about starting a career at INDOT, answer questions, and help candidates to apply.
Hiring Fair Locations
- Aurora – 8074 W. U.S. Highway 50, Aurora, IN 47001
- Bluffton – 2800 W. State Road 124, Bluffton, IN 46714
- Cloverdale – 10 High St, Cloverdale, IN 46120
- Elkhart – 58905 County Road 9, Elkhart, IN 46517
- Fort Wayne – 5333 Hatfield Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46808
- Gary – 7601 Melton Road, Gary, IN 46401
- Indianapolis – 7105 E. Brookville Road, Indianapolis, IN 46239
- Seymour – 185 Agrico Lane, Seymour, IN 47274
- Wabash – 1178 Manchester Avenue, Wabash, IN 46992
- West Lafayette – 2319 U.S. Highway 231, West Lafayette, IN 47906
Ready to apply for a career at INDOT right now? Go to workforindiana.in.gov to find open positions.